August, where did it go?
First week we took off for Utah. My niece Stacy was getting married on the 14th, we decided to drive so we could help out and stay a couple weeks.
The kids and I got up at 3a and hit the road. The drive was great, the kids
did excellent. Dalton slept 75% of the way, he was ready to go when we got there. After 13 1/2 hrs, I was ready for sleep but Phoenix's reminded me she had forgotten her dress. So, I pulled myself out of the chair to get in the car "again" and run to the mall. I don't mind shopping but I was ready to grab the first thing and run, but you know teenagers. We did find a really cute dress and we were ready for church the next morning.
My niece Amber was having her baby boy Josh blessed. It was fun, no one knew we were going to be there. They had a really nice get together after, Amber made the best crepe's....must make those @ home.
The next 2 weeks were really fun, just being with family. Helped my mom get the yard ready for the reception. The reception turned out great and then we had to head back home again. So soon, seemed like we just
got there. We did the same thing, got up at 3a and drove thru. This time there was alot of construction but we made pretty good time. I do like road trips but it is nice when there is someone else to help drive!
Last 2 weeks of Aug. we spent getting ready for school. Did not have a thing for the kids yet. Gabe left for Alaska on the 22nd, 5 days after we got home. He will probably be up there for a month working.
Blog Archive
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- sandyseabunz
- Life is full of dreams and prayers and I just hang on by the seat of my pants. I feel so blessed by our family and adventures. Never getting too comfortable..you never know what turn is in the river. When we moved to our property I had no idea the effect it would have on our lives. There was a quote in one of the local papers describing our area "I lived in paradise and then died and had to go to heaven".
No comments:
Post a Comment