Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HERE FISHY, FISHY

As I mentioned. "THE KINGS ARE IN"! Gabe has been planning a weekend trip up to
Canada to fish for kings, with the family. We rented a little cabin by the river. Some friends of his who are 3 really close brothers and their families were there also. There are 2 girls Phoenix's age, which made it fun for her. We were going to stay one night but had so much fun we decided to stay another. WHY unpack, huh? It was Phoenix's birthday Sat, she was a little unhappy she did not get her annual birthday party, but when a fish is on, you forget about everything. HA
The river was beautiful, the sides we were fishing from were stacked w/rocks and boulders on a hill. We climbed up and down the sides for 2 days, combined with casting the rod 5,000 times... I was so stiff I could hardly move. Gabe caught about 10 kings, I FINALLY got my one and only, after what it felt like a million casts....but it felt sooo good. It was about a 25 lb salmon which
is in the smoker now. mmmm Oh, and no photo, I'm a little put out. lol

After all the kings, we had to go buy a smoker and try our hand. We just took it out and it is yummy!!!

1 comment:

Ty and Ber said...

YUMMMY!!!! I am totally JEALOUS!

Happy Birthday Phoenix!

About Me

My photo
Life is full of dreams and prayers and I just hang on by the seat of my pants. I feel so blessed by our family and adventures. Never getting too comfortable..you never know what turn is in the river. When we moved to our property I had no idea the effect it would have on our lives. There was a quote in one of the local papers describing our area "I lived in paradise and then died and had to go to heaven".